Singapore Dependant Pass

Singapore Dependant Pass

Singapore Dependant Pass

Singapore Dependant Pass (DP) is a family relocation visa. Spouse and unmarried children below 21 years of age (including legally adopted) of work visa holders (such as Employment Pass, EntrePass, PEP, or S pass holder) are eligible to apply for Dependent Pass visa.

Side Note

If an Employment Pass holder’s baby is born in Singapore, the parent will receive a letter from the hospital and the letter should be submitted to the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA), which will issue the new born baby with a Social Visit Pass valid for 42 days; the Employment Pass holder must apply for a Dependant Pass for the baby within this time frame.


Documents required for Dependant Pass Application

The following supporting documents must be submitted along with the completed Dependant Pass Application Form:

  • A copy of applicant’s passport personal particulars page.

  • For spouse, also provide a copy of the official marriage certificate.

  • For child, to provide a copy of the birth certificate.

  • For an adopted child, a copy of the adoption certificate.

  • A recent passport-sized photo.

  • Educational details of the DP applicant, if any

  • School enrolment details in an educational institute in Singapore, if any

  • Salary details for the most recent employment, if any

  • For children under 16, the parent should sign the DP visa form on behalf of the child.

  • Documents that are not in English must be translated by a certified translator. The original language certificate copy must also be submitted.


Validity and Renewal of Dependant Pass

The validity of the approved Dependant Pass is tied to the main work pass (such as Employment Pass, EntrePass, PEP, or S pass). This means that the DP will expire together with the expiration of the main work pass. It will have to be renewed together with the main work pass.

In general, usually 2 months before the pass is due to expire, a Renewal Form will be sent to the main work pass holder’s employer’s address. The renewal application should be completed and submitted to MOM at least 4 weeks before the pass expires. If the renewal application is approved, the employer will receive an approval letter. The new pass has to be collected from MOM office.